YOUR WEEKEND PIC Oct 6 - 8
(A guide to help you plan your cinema-going)
1. THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA (comedy with Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway) Rated * * * (out of 4): Just watching Streep as the Cruella De Vil of the fashion world is worth the price of the ticket to this witty, biting satire. A delight for most women.
2. ROB-B-HOOD (Cantonese comedy with Jackie Chan, Louis Koo and Michael Hui) Rated * * * (3 stars): Jackie takes a change of role as a hood who kidnaps a baby and gets a attack of conscience. Typical Jackie flick with emotions added.
3. TALLADEGA NIGHTS (Racing comedy with Will Farrell and John C. Reilly) Rated * * (2 stars): A typical Saturday Night Live-styled comedy about the ups and downs of a Nascar driver named Ricky Bobby. Only if you like inane jokes.
4. ZOOM (Kiddie superhero caper with Tim Allen and Courteny Cox) Rated * * (2 stars): After watching The Incredibles and Sky High, you will be disgusted by this lackluster rip-off about four gifted kids trained to be superheroes.
5. LOVE STORY (arthouse drama directed by Kelvin Tong of Singapore) Rated: * ½ (1.5 stars): This is about a pulp romance writer who stalks a library for women and inspiration. It is arty-farty stuff which is more farty than arty. (At GSC International Screens)