Optimus Takings For Transformers 2
JUNE 29, 2009 - Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen expectedly topped the US box-office with an estimated US$112 million takings in its first weekend (June 26-28), Boxofficemojo reports.
"Ravaging approximately 10,000 screens at 4,234 sites, Revenge of the Fallen logged the biggest June opening weekend ever as well as the highest-grossing non-holiday, non-Friday opening weekend, and it ranked seventh overall. Grossing US$201.2 million since its Wednesday debut, the picture scored the second-largest five-day start of all time behind The Dark Knight's US$203.8 million. The first Transformers' opening weekend came in at US$70.5 million, and it didn't cross US$200 million until its 12th day," Brandon Gray reports.
Here is the rest of the Top 5 B-O list for June 26-28, 2009 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name, Weekend taking in USD, (Cumulative gross in USD) and week on chart.
1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $112.0 million ($201.2 million) 1
2. The Proposal $18.5 million ($69.1 million) 2
3. The Hangover $17.2 million ($183.2 million) 4
4. Up $13.0 million ($250.2 million) 5
5. My Sister's Keeper $12.0 million ($12.0 million) 1