Transformers 2 Tops US Weekend B-O List
JULY 6, 2009 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen managed to edge out 'Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs' at the US Independence Day weekend box office (July 3-5, 2009) collecting US$42.3 million compared with Ice Age's US$41.7 million, Boxofficemojo reports.
was clearly the top pick on a worldwide basis. It earned US$148 million from 101 foreign markets. Including its North American tally of US$67.5 million since opening last Wednesday, the global total stands at US$215.5 million.
Paramount's "Transformers" sequel earned US$55 million from 62 markets during its second weekend, taking the foreign haul to US$298 million. The global total stands at US$591 million, taking the robot sequel past Columbia Pictures' Angels & Demons (US$474 million) to become the biggest film of the year.Public Enemies opened its first weekend at No 3, doing US$25.2 million.
Here is the rest of the Top 5 US B-O for July 3-5, 2009 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name, Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart.
1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $42.3 million ($293.3 million) 2
2. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $41.7 million ($66.7 million) 1
3. Public Enemies $25.2 million ($40.1 million) 1
4. The Proposal $12.8 million ($94.3 million) 3
5. The Hangover $11.2 million ($205.0 million) 5