Iron Man 2 Tops US B-O at US$133m
MAY 10, 2010 - Striking with an estimated US$133.6 million in a blazing start to the summer movie season, Iron Man 2 shot past the debut of the first Iron Man, which kicked off with US$98.6 million on the same weekend in 2008. The sequel also rocketed to fifth place among the highest-grossing opening weekends of all time, slotting behind Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest's US$135.6 million launch.
Elsewhere, the list for the rest remains like that of the previous weekend.
Here is the Top 6 North American B-O estimates for May 7 - 9, 2010 weekend, in terms of rank, Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo.
1. Iron Man 2 (Paramount) $133.6 million ($133.6 mil) 1
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (WB) $9.1 million ($48.5 million) 2
3. How to Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks) $6.7 million ($201.0 mil) 7
4. Date Night (Fox) $5.3 million ($80.8 million) 5
5. The Back-Up Plan (CBS) $4.3 million ($29.4 million) 3
6. Furry Vengeance (Sum) $4.0 million ($11.6 million) 2