No 3D Magic for Harry Potter Flick
OCT 9, 2010 - Warner Bros has announced that it has abandoned plans to convert the next Harry Potter movie to 3-D, bringing mixed reactions from box office watchers and fans of the multi-billion-dollar blockbuster franchise.
The studio said it was unable to produce a 3-D version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I in time for its release on November 19.
The movie will be presented only in conventional 2-D and in Imax theatres, but the second instalment, due to be released in July 2011, is still set to be released in 2-D and 3-D.
"Despite everyone's best efforts, we were unable to convert the film in its entirety and meet the highest standards of quality," Warner Bros said in a statement.
The six previously released Harry Potter movies, based on the best-selling novels by author J.K. Rowling, have raked in an estimated $5.4 billion at the worldwide box office. (Report by Reuters)