Snow White And The Huntsman Tops US Weekend B-O
Snow White and the Huntsman opened at 3,773 locations and grossed a strong estimated US$56.26 million. That's the fourth-highest debut this year behind The Avengers, The Hunger Games and The Lorax, and above last weekend's MIB 3. It's also more than Universal's Battleship has made through 17 days (US$55.1 million), and is close to Mirror Mirror's entire run (US$62.5 million). Among other comparable titles, Snow White obviously didn't come close to Alice in Wonderland's US$116.1 million, though it was a hair ahead of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (US$55 million).
Here are the Top 5 North American B-O studio estimates for June 1-3, 2012 weekend, in terms of rank, (previous week ranking), Movie name (studio), Weekend takings in USD, (Cumulative gross, USD) and week on chart, courtesy of Boxofficemojo. (US$1=RM3.1)
1. (-) Snow White and the Huntsman (Uni.) $56.2 million ($56.2 million) 1
2. (1) MIB 3 (Sony) $29.3 million ($112.3 million) 2
3. (2) Marvel's The Avengers (BV) $20,.2 million ($552.7 million) 5
4. (3) Battleship (Uni.) $4.8 million ($55.1 million) 3
5. (4) The Dictator (Par.) $4.7 million ($50.8 million) 3